The uses and applications of cannabis oil have increased over the years, especially due to its health benefits. Some of these benefits include destroying cancer cells, pain relief, and anti-depressant.
Have you ever wondered how cannabis oil is different from other forms of the plant? Cannabis oil is ideal because dosages are easy to regulate compared to solid forms Making cannabis oil on your own without special equipment is possible.
The Procedure to Use when Making Cannabis Oil
The easiest method of making cannabis oil is the oil method. Still, it is a delicate process. You must follow the steps carefully to maximize its benefits.
This method is popular because it involves the use of carrier oil. The carrier oil could be either olive or coconut oil. The user gains the benefits of both the cannabis oil and the carrier oil.
Below are the steps involved;
- Choose buds through the leaves, stems, and bud trimmer of the cannabis plant using the weed grinder. High-quality cannabis plants should be used to ensure high-quality cannabis oil. The parts have to undergo decarboxylation by baking them for 90 minutes at a temperature of 220 degrees.
- Mix the carrier oil and ground weed in a mason jar. The weed should be fully saturated with the oil. The amount of carrier oil determines the potency of the cannabis oil.
- Boil the mixture. Cover the mason jar and place a towel on the bottom of the pan. Place the mason jar on top and add water till the temperature rises to 200 degrees.
- Allow the jar to rest for 3 hours, checking to ensure the water is not evaporating. After the 3 hours, turn off the stove and leave it to rest for another 3 hours. Boil it for another 3 hours, turn off the stove, and let it rest for the night.
- The oil will be ready in the morning. Use a cheesecloth to strain it, keep squeezing until the oil is ready for use.
There are various other guides on how to make hemp oil, but we recommend the carrier oil method.
The Most Suitable Hemp Strains to Choose
Making cannabis oil requires the right hemp strain. The right strain should have high quantities of cannabis and low quantities of THC. THC is the compound that gives cannabis users a feeling of being ‘high’.
Some of the best and most popular hemp strains are:
This strain provides a high euphoric feeling after use. It reduces inflammation, migraines, and anxiety.
- Charlotte’s Web
Many users prefer this cannabis strain. This strain is used as a food supplement. It has medicinal value for people suffering from seizures.
This strain contains high quantities of THC. It calms the users.
This strain is used as a pain reliever. It contains 22% cannabis and 1% THC.
The availability of different strands of marijuana with varying properties makes it important to do some research before using any of them. Research helps to avoid unintended side effects of cannabis oil. It helps lift the veil of ignorance and stigma associated with the oil.