Home Entertainment THE ROCK’s In A Hard Place: Dog Dies After Eating Poisonous Mushroom

THE ROCK’s In A Hard Place: Dog Dies After Eating Poisonous Mushroom

Man, it sucks when your dog dies (via Instagram)

By Jose Lambiet, GossipExtra.com, for SouthFloridaReporter.com, Oct. 1, 2015 – COOPER CITY — South Florida’s DwayneThe RockJohnson is in a hard place.

Brutus, one of the dogs he rescued a couple of weeks ago, ate a poisonous mushroom while playing outside and Johnson and his girlfriend Lauren Hashian had to take the pup off life support at the Animal Medical Center at Cooper City.

The Southwest Ranches resident matinee idol wrote that it was only a few hours from when Brutus ate the plant until the deadly mushroom to started destroying the pup’s liver and immune system.

Brutus was a new, but well loved, addition to the Johnson family. It was only three weeks ago that he and his French Bulldog brother Hobbs came to live with the Johnson brood.

And it looks like Brutus was determined to get to Doggy Heaven from the start.

The late Brutus (left), and Hobbs (right) after The Rock had to rescue the pair from his pool (via Instagram)
The late Brutus (left), and Hobbs (right) after The Rock had to rescue the pair from his pool (via Instagram)

On the first day, when Johnson took the pups out to pee, they took off and dove headlong into the deep end of his pool.

Hobbs managed to doggy paddle. But, Brutus sank like a brick to the bottom and Johnson had to do a Baywatch-style save on the pup, except there was no mouth to mouth.

And then while playing outside with Hobbs earlier this week, Brutus ate the mushroom that did him in.

Johnson ended his Instagram post with the most touching hashtag we’ve ever read: #WishICouldveSavedYouOneMoreTime.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here