Backstreet Boys singer Nick Carter is in a begging mode.
Carter, 36, was sued earlier this year by a Key West bartender who says Carter attacked him outside the famous Hog’s Breath Saloon Jan. 13 and injured him seriously.
And now Carter is asking the Key West court to force plaintiff Skylar Carden into mediation so the two can negotiate a settlement.
Carden’s lawyer, South Florida legal eagle Mark DiCowden tells the court this week he wants to explore the case further and doesn’t want to meet with Carter anytime soon.
For one thing, DiCowden says, the singer of I Want That Way and As Long As You Love Me ducked the process servers charged with handing him a copy of the complaint for two months. They finally served him at a Backstreet Boys show March 19 in Chicago.
Since then, Carter has not responded to requests to produce documents nor has he been deposed. Carden wants Carter to pay him an undisclosed amount that could be well into the six figures but there’s been no counter-offer.