A safe and secure workspace for its employees is one of the topmost priorities of an organization. Online training for ensuring safety practices and compliance training is more effective, interactive, memorable, and fun. Each of the courses should creatively deploy training devices like ILT sessions, storytelling, which help to enhance knowledge retention and engage employees in the experience.
The use of a good intuitive content builder tool will help to create content quickly and without any hassles or complications. You can use platforms like Docebo and HSI for it. They’ll also be able to renew the content as soon as there are notable modifications or new information available.
Importance of safety and compliance training
- Compliance training is very important for the organization, it usually deals with severe topics so you need to build an intuitive user environment so that you can handle your sessions easily and automatically send advance notifications about forthcoming sessions.
- You should be able to access your safety platform, monitor hazards, resolve concerns, alert employees and understand the immediate requirement of your organizational safety from any device, at any time from anywhere.
- You need to be very attentive in compliance training as some pieces of content will be easy while others will include subjects like simulations, hazard training, and branching scenarios, which are more complex and will need more elaborated work.
- Since Compliance training is a matter of ensuring safety in the workplace it is recommended to track and report the records so that you know who has finished their training and who hasn’t.
- All workers need training on various aspects of what to do in certain unsafe situations. But many times, some employees will need to learn and undergo training for a particular event and may not need to know much about the dangers of the latter as it also majorly depends upon the work location.
Steps to ensure the safety culture in an organization
- If you keep a regular check on reassigning courses right after, your organization will be ready for an inspection and audit anytime, and there won’t be any risk of being held liable for non-compliance in your workplace.
- You can also compare the reports to track user behavior in real-time. By doing the real-time assessment, you can detect whether something is inaccurate with your training and fix it in time.
- On the other hand, your employees in other locations may need not worry about natural calamities but basically dispose of hazardous waste because they have different rules and regulations in their work location.
- Using the LMS enables you to create distinct study environments according to your requirements so you can better organize your online compliance training at all different departments or branches.
- You can restrict access and visibility only to those who are involved.
- You also get to collect the most targeted data that you can match and compare later on a larger scale. Also, you should incorporate all your health and safety hazard processes, including recognition of the hazard, its assessment, control, and review, everything into one separate streamlined system.
- You should install a hazard management tool that empowers you to identify and fix any issues within your organization.
- Organizations can arrange and view data by location/business units so the origin of injuries, risks, and illnesses can be recognized to lower risk.
- There should be a regular check to monitor hazards, uncertainties and conduct a risk assessment.
- You should record and keep a track of all risk and hazard reporting across your organization and then inspect, identify, access, report, and resolve with real-time alerts for all operators and managers.
- Assign follow-up duties related to safety hazards with automatic alerts sent to operators and their supervisors for forthcoming, pending, and overdue tasks.
- Standardize the safety hazard process across your company. Increase efficiency by speeding up the flow of data by eliminating complicated paper-based forms or online systems and combining them into a single connected platform.