If you’re thinking about remodeling your bathroom, there are a lot of things to consider. You want it to be functional and beautiful, but also affordable. Luckily we’ve compiled everything you need to know into this handy guide!
What is bathroom remodeling?
Bathroom remodeling is an extensive process that takes time and planning. It can make your bathroom more functional, beautiful, or practical for the way you use it. Bathrooms come in all shapes and sizes, so figuring out what works best for yours might not be easy! That’s why we’re providing a checklist of things to think about before starting.
– What are my goals? Do I want a space with plenty of storage or one where everything looks seamless?
– What kind of plumbing do I have? Is there enough room under the sink for placing oversize items like baskets or racks?
– What is my budget? Bathroom remodeling can be a costly endeavor, so make sure you’re comfortable with your plan.
– What do I need to use my bathroom for the most? Do I want it as an extra room or just functional enough to get by?
– If there is no bathtub in the space are there other features that I would like to incorporate?
– Is it feasible to do this project myself or should I hire someone for help?
How much does it cost to remodel a bathroom?
Bathroom remodeling is not a cheap undertaking. Typically, it can cost anywhere from $50-$150 per square foot for most bathroom remodels. The typical renovation costs will vary depending on the size of your bathroom, and what features you want to include. If you are looking for a more economical option, consider renovating just one room at a time with tile work or paint,
The cost can be much higher if plumbing needs changing or new fixtures need to be installed. Bathroom remodeling estimates should factor in these extra costs so that you know how much exactly it will set you back when determining your budget amounts.
What are the benefits of remodeling your bathroom?
The benefits of bathroom remodeling are many. It can be a very costly project, but in the end, you will have your dream bathroom like none other! The following benefits to keep in mind:
- You get exactly what you’ve always wanted.
- A new bathtub or shower adds value and potential resale to your home.
- Your comfort is increased with a more user-friendly layout.
- Newer technology saves water by using less for every use (meaning lower utility bills).
- You can create the space you need for a child’s bath.
- Newer fixtures are more efficient and cost less to operate, saving you money on your monthly bills.
Is it time for a new bathtub or shower stall?
From our experience, there are a number of indicators that it is time to replace your bathtub or shower stall.
- a) The walls around the tub or shower have water damage, mold, or other signs of deterioration.
- b) There are cracks in the surface caused by age.
- c) You notice any leaks coming from behind pipes that will require extensive repairs.
- d) The plumbing connections need replacement and/or significant repair.
- e) Bathroom remodeling experts advise against using tile on top of an old cast-iron pipe because this can weaken its structural integrity over time.
- f) After more than 30 years, ceramic tiles start to lose their durability and strength.
What are some other ways to update your bathroom without doing any major work?
You can always update your bathroom without doing any major work. For example, you can add a new mirror or replace your towels. Installing a heated towel rack is also an excellent idea for those of you who don’t have one yet!
Another way to update your bathroom without doing any major work would be by installing modern light fixtures, such as LED lights. They’re energy-efficient and last longer than most other types of lighting in bathrooms.
Lastly, since we are talking about designing our own bathrooms; adding some faux plants could do wonders for the ambiance.
Why should I hire a professional for my next project?
Although you can do some work yourself, hiring a professional might be the best option for your next project. Bathroom remodeling contractors know how to handle certain situations, and will probably do it better than you would have done yourself!
In addition, if you hire professionals they will typically provide warranties on their work which can save you money in the long run. You should always hire a professional when looking into bathroom remodeling since there are many steps that must be taken to ensure success.