Most people have heard about hair transplant surgery, but they are worried about many things. If you get a hair transplant, will everyone know? Will it hurt? How long will I spend recovering from it? Will I be able to do everything with my transplanted hair that I could do before? Here are a few reasons why you shouldn’t be afraid of a hair transplant.
Hair transplant techniques have vastly improved over the past few years. The most important thing if you want a natural look is to choose a hair transplant clinic that uses the latest techniques. Anyone considering a hair transplant Manchester may not be aware of the new options available to him. Here are a few of the techniques used:
- FUT (follicular unit transplantation) treatment method replaced the unnatural “hair plugs” previously used to treat hair loss.
- FUE (follicular unit extraction) method was developed to provide a more natural appearance.
- FUE 2 SafeScribe, an innovative hair transplant tool, offers a high degree of precision and safety, minimizing the risk of hairs becoming damaged during the extraction and implantation process.
Natural Look and Feel
Because hair transplant surgery uses a patient’s own hair, the transplanted hair will behave in the same way as your natural hair. Some hair loss immediately following the procedure is normal. According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, some of the transplanted hair will fall out within 6 weeks after the surgery. New hair growth should be visible in the recipient areas within months, with hair growing by a half-inch each month.
After the initial 3-6 month period after a hair transplant procedure, a patient can continue with regular activities and
- Swimming, outdoor sports
- Regular hair styling, blow-drying, etc.
- Using products such as gel, mousse,
The scalp may be quite sensitive following hair transplant surgery. It will be necessary to wear bandages for a few days, and the doctor may prescribe pain medication, an antibiotic to prevent infection, or an anti-inflammatory to stop swelling. Recovery time is dependent on the type of procedure used, with FUE offering faster recovery times.
- In most cases, patients will return to work within a week of the procedure.
- If stitches are used, they will be removed within 10 days.
Most people are surprised there is virtually no pain during the FUE hair transplant procedure done under a local anesthetic. Once the skin is properly anesthetized, though, there is no pain. After the FUE surgery, patients will typically feel some minor discomfort. It is usually described as minimal.