Observed every year on May 24, Brothers Day honors the brothers in our lives. Whether we have one or many, our brothers hold a special place in our hearts. Even if for those who don’t have brothers, someone in their life is usually like a brother to them. Brothers from other mothers are found in a best friend, a brother-in-law or a cousin. They are the men in our lives we count on even when we don’t talk very often. We share memories.
While minding their own business, they are also prepared to step in when necessary. That’s what brothers do.
Of course, they’ve been known to put toads on your head or gum in your hair. They may have been too cool for you once, too. Brothers come in many shapes and sizes and so do their relationships. Whatever yours is, take the time to celebrate your brother on Brother’s Day.
C. Daniel Rhodes of Alabama founded Brothers Day.
Brothers Day Quotes
- “If you want to know how your girl will treat you after marriage, just listen to her talking to her little brother.” – Astrid Alauda
- “Brothers don’t necessarily have to say anything to each other – they can sit in a room and be together and just be completely comfortable with each other.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
- “We have flown the air like birds and swum the sea like fishes, but have yet to learn the simple act of walking the earth like brothers.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Being his real brother I could feel I live in his shadows, but I never have, and I do not now. I live in his glow.” – Michael Morpurgo.
- “There is a destiny which makes us brothers; none goes his way alone. All that we send into the lives of others comes back into our own.” – Edwin Markham