Large, bold, capable and comfortable, the midsize Telluride SUV opens the door to exploring in a whole new way. Imagined in America, designed at Kia’s design studio in California, and assembled in Georgia, the Telluride is all about big skies, desert roads, mountain passes, shady forests, smooth highways, and long coastal drives.
The largest Kia ever, it provides comfortable seating for up to eight, a powerful 291-hp 3.8-liter V6, available active on-demand all-wheel drive, and an inspiring view of the world.
In short, the Telluride offers potential for exploration and adventure every time it’s on the road.
Designed in America for America
Telluride is the first Kia designed specifically for the U.S. and is a product of the Kia Design Center in Irvine, CA. From the first pencil stroke it was meant to convey the kind of presence associated with the original legendary SUVs – big, bold and boxy – and the go-anywhere, do-anything attitude their square, burly-shouldered shapes suggested.
The Telluride’s sophisticated exterior accents also hint at its interior luxury.
Main design cues include:
- Long, broad hood and wide grille
- Bold, stacked headlamps convey power and stability
- Upright windshield and clean side profile conveys muscular tension
- Inverted “L” tail lamps with LED stripes (standard on EX and SX trims)
- Elongated nameplates on the leading edge of the hood and on the liftgate provide distinctive identity for flagship SUV
- Sculpted rear with integrated twin exhaust tips reference off-road ability and power
The Telluride interior is designed to continue the impression of upscale exploration:
- Grab handles integrated into the center console suggest journeys off the beaten path
- Wide console with emphasis on the horizontal through artistic use of premium trim features to convey spaciousness – more “luxe living room” than “utility vehicle”
- Spacious cabin for generous hip, shoulder, leg and head room, including in the third row
Engineered to be Confident and Capable
Telluride is engineered to be capable in a variety of driving conditions and provide a driving experience that is enjoyable and confidence-inspiring.
Among the many factors that contribute to the Telluride’s composed ride and performance:
- Atkinson Cycle LAMBDA II 3.8L V6 GDI engine producing 291 horsepower at 6,000 rpm and 262 lb.-ft. of torque at 5,200 rpm, 8-speed automatic transmission
- Four-wheel independent suspension
- Strong, stiff, and torsionally rigid body structure due to the monocoque shell that is composed of 59.4 percent advanced high-strength steel
- Self-leveling rear suspension. Ride height is automatically calibrated depending on vehicle load to optimize control and stability (optional on EX and SX)
- Choice of four drive modes – Smart, Eco, Sport and Comfort – each using different settings for powertrain, drivetrain, and steering effort mapping to provide the desired driving experience. In addition to the four regular drive modes, drivers can select from two different settings, Snow and AWD Lock, for specific driving conditions.