Florida gas prices increased last week, as anticipated. Sunday’s state average of $3.69 per gallon is 8 cents more than the week before.
“Global fuel supplies continue to tighten, putting upward pressure on oil prices and subsequently, the price of gasoline,” said Mark Jenkins, spokesman, AAA – The Auto Club Group.
OPEC oil production cuts have caused crude oil prices to strengthen through the past month. On Friday, the U.S. price of oil closed at $90.77 per barrel. That was the highest daily price of 2023, and the most expensive since early November 2022.
Sunday’s state average remains 16 cents below this year’s high of $3.85 per gallon. On average, Florida drivers are currently paying $55 to fill an average-sized tank of gas. That’s nearly $3 less than when gas prices were at their 2023 peak.
- Most expensive metro markets – West Palm Beach-Boca Raton ($3.84), Naples ($3.74), Gainesville ($3.72)
- Least expensive metro markets – Panama City ($3.49), Pensacola ($3.51), Crestview-Fort Walton Beach ($3.51)
Ways to Save on Gasoline
- Combine errands to limit driving time.
- Shop around for the best gas prices in your community.
- Pay with cash. Some retailers charge extra per gallon for customers who pay with a credit card.
- Remove excess weight in your vehicle. Every 100 pounds taken out of the vehicle improves fuel economy by 1-2 percent.
- Drive conservatively. Aggressive acceleration and speeding reduces fuel economy.
AAA Resources for Drivers
- Enroll in savings programs. AAA Members who enroll in Shell’s Fuel Rewards program can save 30 cents per gallon on their first fill-up and 5 cents per gallon each additional trip to the pump. Click here for more information.
- Get a tune-up. Ensure your vehicle is properly maintained to optimize its fuel economy. Visit AAA.com/AutoRepair to find a certified repair shop.
- Find the lowest gas prices in your area by using the free AAA mobile app.
- Determine anticipated fuel costs for your trip by using the AAA’s Gas Cost Calculator.
Find Florida Gas Prices
- Daily gas price averages can be found at Gasprices.aaa.com
- State and metro averages can be found here
|AAA GAS PRICE AVERAGES
(Price per gallon of regular unleaded gasoline)
|Sunday||Saturday||Week Ago||Month Ago||One Year Ago|
|Click here to view current gasoline price averages|
Gas Price Survey Methodology
AAA updates fuel price averages daily at www.GasPrices.AAA.com. Every day up to 130,000 stations are surveyed based on credit card swipes and direct feeds in cooperation with the Oil Price Information Service (OPIS) and Wright Express for unmatched statistical reliability. All average retail prices in this report are for a gallon of regular, unleaded gasoline.
About AAA – The Auto Club Group
The Auto Club Group (ACG) is the second largest AAA club in North America with more than 13 million members across 14 U.S. states, the province of Quebec and two U.S. territories. ACG and its affiliates provide members with roadside assistance, insurance products, banking and financial services, travel offerings and more. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation with more than 62 million members in the United States and Canada. AAA’s mission is to protect and advance freedom of mobility and improve traffic safety. For more information, get the AAA Mobile app, visit AAA.com, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
This article originally appeared here and was republished with permission.