It is the apartment where the killer responsible for the massacre of 49 people inside gay Orlando nightclub Pulse had been living and plotting out his horrific attack.
Omar Mateen had been living in Apartment 107 at the Woodland Condominium in Fort Pierce since he was divorced from wife Sitora Yusufiy in 2011. He was living there with the woman believed to be his current wife and mother of their three-year-old son, Noor Zahi Salman.
Daily Mail has obtained photographs inside the killer’s apartment, where investigators did a sweep on Sunday.
The walls of the apartment are adorned with photos of Mateen’s three-year-old son. Loads of toys including a Spiderman bicycle, toy trucks and Mickey Mouse posters can be seen throughout the two-bedroom home.
What looks like a ceremonial sword sits proudly by the TV set in the living room and workout equipment sits in a corner. Mateen was known to be obsessed with his physique and had taken steroids.
The master bedroom has red sheets on the bed and a bureau is adorned with balloons, photos and bottles of a woman’s perfume.
- Omar Mateen had been living in Apartment 107 at the Woodland Condominium in Fort Pierce since he was married to his first wife
- Mateen, 29, killed 49 people in the Orlando gay club Pulse on Sunday and injured 53 others before being shot dead by police
- Daily Mail has obtained photographs inside his Fort Pierce apartment where investigators did a sweep on Sunday
- The apartment is adorned with photos of his three-year-old son
- Loads of toys including a Spiderman bike, toy trucks and Mickey Mouse posters sit in sharp contrast to a ceremonial sword sitting front and center
- Bizarrely, a calendar is marked ‘D-Day, 10:30 pm’ on June 7th. The real D-Day is June 6th leaving open the question was he planning something sooner
- The horrific shootings took place in the wee hour of June 12
- Books about the Muslim faith can also be seen in the apartment as well as workout equipment