National Be a Millionaire Day is observed each year on May 20. Very few of us haven’t imagined what it would be like to be a millionaire. If you happen to be one of the few, National Be a Millionaire Day is for you. And for those of use who like to imagine spending millions.
- Start a savings account. If you have an existing savings account, review it to make sure you are earning the maximum interest available. Increase the deposits into your savings account.
- Review your financial portfolio with a trusted expert.
- Review your investments – Look at ways of improving your investments.
- Add to your 401K – If you do not have one, start one.
- Pay off your credit card.
- Review your spending habits. Find ways to “spend less and save more.”
A million dollars today may not be what it used to be, however, having one million dollars in your bank account is still a major financial success.
The term “millionaire” first appeared in the English language in a letter written by Lord Byron in 1816. There were only a few millionaires at the time, but thanks to the Industrial Revolution, more millionaires were created outside of the aristocracy. Today there are more than 12 million millionaires scattered around the globe. The origins of Be a Millionaire Day may be unknown, but the day honors the desire to enjoy the freedom and power associated with being financially secure.
If you’re an aspiring millionaire, and who isn’t, why not celebrate Be a Millionaire Day by following the advice of the most successful sports performance coaches. Use visualization techniques to see yourself surrounded by luxury, free of monetary concerns, and living your life on your terms. Then get down to business – get financial advice, find extra sources of income, save, live within your means and commit to becoming a millionaire.