Home Animals UPDATE: Parents Of Boy Killed By Gator Will Not Sue Disney

UPDATE: Parents Of Boy Killed By Gator Will Not Sue Disney

Disney
Lane Graves, a 2-year-old boy who was grabbed by an alligator in a lagoon at Walt Disney World, is seen in an undated picture from the Orange County Sheriff's Department in Orlando, Florida. Orange County Sheriff's Department via social media/Handout via REUTERS

The parents of a two-year-old boy drowned by an alligator at the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida last month “are broken” but will not sue over the incident, the couple said in a statement on Wednesday.

Lane Graves was playing at the edge of the Seven Seas Lagoon at the Walt Disney World’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa on June 14 when he was snatched by an alligator and dragged into the water. His parents rushed to save their child but failed to pry him free from the predator’s grip, as a second alligator attacked during the rescue attempt.

Graves, whose family was vacationing from Nebraska, was found by divers a day later at the bottom of the manmade lake.

“Melissa and I are broken. We will forever struggle to comprehend why this happened to our sweet baby, Lane,” parents Matt and Melissa Graves said in the statement. “As each day passes, the pain gets worse.”

Despite their grief, the couple said they would focus on the development of a charitable foundation named after their son and would not file a lawsuit.

“In addition to the foundation, we will solely be focused on the future health of our family and will not be pursuing a lawsuit against Disney,” the parents said.

By LAILA KEARNEYReuters, excerpt posted on  SouthFloridaReporter.com July 20, 2016 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here