Trump’s re-election campaign sent a memo to television producers on Monday instructing them to “employ basic journalistic standards when booking” six current or former government officials that the campaign said “made outlandish, false claims, without evidence” while on air.
The memo names:
- Sen. Richard Blumenthal, D-Conn.
- Rep. Jerry Nadler, D-N.Y., the chair of the House Judiciary Committee
- Democratic National Committee Chairman Tom Perez
- John Brennan, the former director of the Central Intelligence Agency
- Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., the chair of the House Intelligence Committee
- Rep. Eric Swalwell, D-Calif., who has floated a potential bid for president
Read the full document: Trump campaign memo to television producers
In a statement, Swalwell said that the “only person who has been caught lying about Russia is Donald Trump.”