
A common bladder medication has been recalled nationwide due to a carcinogenic impurity, the Food and Drug Administration recently announced.
Certain bottles of mirabegron, a prescription drug that treats overactive bladders, contain higher-than-acceptable levels of a nitrosamine, an impurity that can raise the risk of cancer over time.
In early August, the FDA designated the recall as the second-highest risk level, Class II. This means the medication may cause temporary or reversible effects, but the risk of serious health issues is low.
Which Bladder Medication Was Recalled?
- Product description: Mirabegron Extended-Release Tablets, 25 mg
- Size: 30-count bottle
- Lot number: E408618
- Expiry date: Nov. 30, 2026
- NDC: 70710-1159-3
- Manufactured by: Zydus Lifesciences
What You Should Do
If your bottle of mirabegron is part of the recall, contact your healthcare provider or pharmacist to determine the best course of action.
Class II recalls can be serious, but stopping a medication suddenly may be riskier, Jennifer Young, PharmD, BCPS, CSP, lead medication safety specialist at the Institute for Safe Medication Practices, previously told HEALTH.
“While recall notifications can be frightening,” she said, “it’s important to contact your healthcare provider right away for advice before making any changes to your medication routine.”
Disclaimer
Artificial Intelligence Disclosure & Legal Disclaimer
AI Content Policy.
To provide our readers with timely and comprehensive coverage, South Florida Reporter uses artificial intelligence (AI) to assist in producing certain articles and visual content.
Articles: AI may be used to assist in research, structural drafting, or data analysis. All AI-assisted text is reviewed and edited by our team to ensure accuracy and adherence to our editorial standards.
Images: Any imagery generated or significantly altered by AI is clearly marked with a disclaimer or watermark to distinguish it from traditional photography or editorial illustrations.
General Disclaimer
The information contained in South Florida Reporter is for general information purposes only.
South Florida Reporter assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in the contents of the Service. In no event shall South Florida Reporter be liable for any special, direct, indirect, consequential, or incidental damages or any damages whatsoever, whether in an action of contract, negligence or other tort, arising out of or in connection with the use of the Service or the contents of the Service.
The Company reserves the right to make additions, deletions, or modifications to the contents of the Service at any time without prior notice. The Company does not warrant that the Service is free of viruses or other harmful components.









