By Terri Lynn, SouthFloridaReporter.com, Managing Editor, Dec. 29, 2015 – New Year’s Eve is a few days away. For single people of any age, being alone or attending parties and events, alone, can be frustrating and disheartening.
According to matchmakers extraordinaire, Barbara Black Goldfarb and Nancy Gold, PH. D, co-founders of Elegant Introductions, this is the time of year when “unattached” men and women start to evaluate their dating habits. For many, blind dates and online introduction services that promise true love are not living up to the hype.
Lovingly known as “The Girls”, Barbara and Nancy founded Elegant Introductions in 2013 and their matchmaking company is one of the most highly respected services in South Florida for individuals looking for a meaningful and long term relationship.
Passionate about their work, Barbara and Nancy put their reputation on the line with every match they arrange in the hopes of helping people from ages 20-80 find love.
“If the quality of a person’s dating life is not living up to their expectations, they should give serious thought to their dating habits,” said Dr. Gold.
Here are some suggestions to get you on the right path to love:
1. Ask friends to introduce you
2. Change your routine: go to a different coffee shop, bar, lunch place etc.….
3. Push yourself to go to events, organizations, church, temple, clubs, classes, etc.
4. Smile while you’re out in public, it’s very attractive…
5. Approach others: say hello, ask a question, what’s to lose?
6. Go out with an open mind and open heart: Stop looking for the “right person” and start being the right person. Others will be attracted to you.
7. Start your resolutions now to feel better about yourself: exercise, buy that new outfit, hairstyle, meditate, etc. Whatever you decided to do for you in the New Year…..start now!
8. If asked out, just say yes: stop being so judgmental and critical. Even if this isn’t “the one”, you never know where this will lead.