(Culinary.net) Having enough energy and fuel to make it through a long day can be challenging. No matter if you’re a stay-at-home parent, corporate worker or small business owner, having a high energy level that lasts throughout the day is important for both you and those around you.
Having enough energy helps you stay alert and attentive to what is going on around you, whether that’s cleaning up after your little ones or filing a report your boss asked for.
When it comes to snacking during the day, these delicious, mouth-watering Energy Bites can give you the boost you need. They are made with creamy peanut butter and honey to curb your sweet cravings but still provide plenty of texture with shredded coconut and raw oats.
They are a perfect snack time nosh, rolled into simple balls, that can help you finish the task at hand.
Not only can they be that 2 p.m. pick-me-up, they are also simple to make and simply delightful to eat. You can store them in the refrigerator in a container for anytime snacking. Plus, the recipe makes 20 servings, which means it’s easy to prep your snacks for the entire week ahead of time.
Stop settling at snack time for stale crackers or high-calorie dips. Eating something that can make your body feel good and energize you for the rest of the day keeps you prepared for what’s to come.
Find more snack recipes at Culinary.net.
If you made this recipe at home, use #MyCulinaryConnection on your favorite social network to share your work.
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup raw oats
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup flaxseed meal
- 6 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir peanut butter, honey, and vanilla extract until combined.
- Add oats, coconut, flaxseed meal, and chocolate chips. Mix until combined.
- Shape into 1-inch balls. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.