This 5 Ingredient Chocolate Cake is extra moist, decadent, flavorful, and super easy to make. Not to mention, that is budget-friendly. All you need is 5 ingredients, and a few minutes to put it together. Then, simply bake it and garnish it for the ultimate chocolate dessert!
It is truly a one-of-a-kind cake because it is so rich and deeply flavorful. On top of that, the espresso makes the chocolate flavor shine. Topped with a chocolate ganache, that takes it over the top!
As you can see the cake is also egg-less, and since the recipe is so easy and adaptable, you can prepare it for individuals that have certain food allergies.
This is also a fun project to make with your kids since it is super quick and easy to prepare. Also, you can adjust and modify the recipe based on your taste. For example, feel free to make it gluten-free, dairy-free, or add more chocolate. Either way, you make it, this will be irresistibly delicious!
Chocolate cake ingredients:
- Baking Powder
- Espresso – optional
- Cocoa Powder – optional
Make it a 3 Ingredient Chocolate Cake by skipping the expresso and cocoa powder. These two ingredients are added to make it even more chocolaty, but the recipe works fine without them as well.
How to make no-oven chocolate cake from scratch?
- Crush the Cookies: Take the Oreo cookies, and remove the cream part, put it in a bowl, and the sandwich cookies in a Ziploc bag. Use a rolling pin to crush the cookies into fine crumbs. You can also use a food processor.
- Combine: Next, add the Oreo crumbs to a large bowl, add baking powder, a bit of salt, cocoa powder, espresso, and mix well. Add the milk and stir until fully combined.
- Add the Oreo Cream: Now, whisk in the cream from the Oreos into the milk mixture. Use a mixer or a blender, as the cream needs to be fully combined.
- Cook: Grease a small saucepan with butter or coconut oil, add the batter to it, cover with a lid, and place on low heat on the stove for 45-55 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the center of the cake should come out clean.
- Invert cake: Once the cake is done, let it cool in the saucepan for 15-20 minutes, after that invert it on a plate.
- Ganache: Make the ganache by combining chocolate and cream, wait for the cake to fully cool, place it on a wire rack, and pour the chocolate ganache on top. Garnish with fresh berries. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours before serving.
- Serve: Slice and serve the cake with fresh fruits, ice cream, or whipped cream on No the side.