With economic growth expected to slow in the short term after a devastating hurricane season, the personal-finance website WalletHub conducted an in-depth analysis of 2017’s Fastest-Growing Cities in America.
To determine where the most rapid local economic growth occurred over a period of seven years, WalletHub’s analysts compared 515 U.S. cities across 15 key metrics. The data set ranges from population growth to college-educated population growth to unemployment rate decrease. In addition, we produced a separate ranking by city size.
Economic Growth in Miami (1=Fastest-Growing; 258=Avg.)
- 58th – Population Growth
- 76th – Median Household Income Growth
- 82nd – Job Growth
- 26th – Poverty Rate Decrease
- 232nd – Regional GDP Growth
- 62nd – Growth in Number of Businesses
- 91st – Working-Age Population Growth
- 68th – Foreclosure Rate Decrease
- 160th – Median House Price Growth
Miami ranks 54th overall and 7th in terms of large-city growth.