National Banana Cream Pie Day is recognized annually on March 2nd. Celebrated throughout the United States, pie lovers enjoy this day as they get to indulge in one of America’s most popular cream pies.
Remember, bananas are loaded with potassium!
The process from the traditional custard pie was modified into a recipe for the appetizing and flavorful banana cream pie. Now there are many variations in thousands of recipes for this yummy pie and recipes for banana cream pie can be found in recipe books dating back into the 19th century.
Banana cream pie was ranked the number one favorite dessert among the soldiers of the United States Armed Services in the 1950s.
- Banana cream pie was considered the American soldier’s favorite dessert in 1951.
- A banana cream pie with a “black bottom” is a banana cream pie with chocolate on the bottom.
- The english variation of the banana cream pie is called the “Banoffee Pie” and it contains banana and toffee.
- Bananas are proven to be great after a strenuous workout!
- Bananas can help defend against anemia.