By Drew Olanoff, Tech Crunch, Chat chat chat, talk talk talk. We love it, you love it. Messaging apps are the hot for 2016 (again) and there’s seemingly a niche platform for all of us. There’s also big platforms for the rest of the world like Messenger, WhatsApp, Line, Snapchat and Hangouts (and tons more).
One new app, Peach, is pretty interesting. Peach was created by the founder of Vine, Dom Hofmann. What’s different about it, though? Well, the onboarding is pretty slick and the engagement experience is kind of like using Slack commands, if you’re familiar with that. The onboarding also feels a lot like Slackbot, too.
For example, you can type “GIF” and then you’re prompted to find and share one. Type “Draw” and you can draw a picture. Peach calls them “magic words.”
* Use the magic word “shout” to write a few words (+ emoji) in BIG letters on a background color.
* Use “draw” to post a doodle or sketch.
* Use “song” to share whatever’s playing right now. Friends can tap on the song to open it in Apple Music or Spotify.
* The magic word “rate” lets you give anything—anything!— a 1-5 star rating.
* Other magic words: gif, here, goodmorning, goodnight, battery, weather, move, meetings, safari, dice, time, date, movie, tv, and game. With more on the way.