Fiat, one of the biggest and most established automakers in history, started to lose its reputation near the end of the 20th century. Fiat used to be the biggest vehicle manufacturer in Europe, not only in Italy, before the 1980s auto crisis, and only Ford and General Motors had been able to surpass it on the world market.
Then the automobile crash happened, which was difficult for any business, but eventually, Fiat’s sales started to increase again.
What may account for Fiat’s extraordinary success? What’s it about Fiat’s automobiles that have drawn customers to them for just over a century? We will quickly go through its most often mentioned strong and weak features in this essay. And while almost all new automobiles nowadays appear to have grown a bit out of reach for the large majority of people, we will concentrate exclusively on the benefits of Fiat’s used vehicles.
The most often cited benefits of new Fiat vehicles
We can go directly to the point as this brand has been at the top for enough time to not need a lengthy introduction.
Attractive external design
You may simply skip this section and continue reading if you have ever parked a Fiat in an open space or have just passed by a café on the street. In fact, you’ll have to get used to having people’s eyes fixed on you from all sides. Heads will simply keep turning, whether it is for the car’s small size, its frivolous grace, the post-Victorian melancholy, or even all three at once.
Fiats are remarkably safe for subcompact automobiles, despite the fact that you might have to work a little to believe it when you look at one. Even the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety recognized them as a top safety selection for them in 2013. It won’t ever cause you to worry, from the external paint finish to the air suspension.
Excellent fuel efficiency
Almost all Fiat cars are light and have excellent high-volume engines. Therefore, you shouldn’t be shocked if you feel the automobile pushing 40 miles per hour on the interstate and 31 miles per hour on city roads. You won’t always need to be on the lookout for gas stations if you drive a Fiat.
Fiats may be expensive for some people, but as we’ve already noted, they actually compare well to other makes and models of cars. It’s not uncommon to find even a brand-new Fiat car for the same price as a used counterpart by many other manufacturers.
Award from the EFQM
And to top it all off, if the name of the Excellence Award from the European Foundation for Quality Management has given you any sense of authority at all, we may as well add it to the list of Fiat’s advantages right now.
The benefits of purchasing a used Fiat
Buying a used Fiat model has its advantages. Finding the most recent Fiat models on the market could be challenging. But with used models, things are much better. You may see vehicles on the Rollsauto website and read about buying a car without credit.
In fact, the most obvious benefits of buying a used Fiat lie on the surface:
- Сheaper than a brand-new Fiat vehicle. Those seeking a cheap Fiat frequently wait and can get an excellent vehicle at a significantly lower price because depreciation cost has already impacted such alternatives.
- More reviews are available for used cars. While many evaluations are publicized as soon as the new model year is released, waiting a few years might provide researchers with even more data regarding the aging of vehicles.
- Vehicle readiness and full maintenance from an authorized dealer. As a rule, the authorized dealer maintains and repairs any models that it receives under the trade-in program. This means that when you arrive used cars are prepared for a test drive.
You must evaluate both the technical and financial aspects of a used Fiat before buying one. Fiat is known for its dependable engines and great bodies, yet even an ideal engine might have some issues due to heavy mileage.
Furthermore, not just the engine matters. The likelihood is that, as long as you’ve located a respectable and knowledgeable auto dealer, any Fiats you discover in his inventory will, despite their high mileage:
- own fantastic physique in respectable condition
- demonstrate strong corrosion resistance
- keep a dependable transmission that is trouble-free even on lengthy drives
- feature cozy interiors with a high-quality finish that has been well-maintained
- a decent assortment of engines
- require inexpensive technological upkeep
In addition, many motorists select Fiats because they:
- seem appealing
- operate silently inside with little vibration
- and offer enough comfort for a used price tag
The drawbacks of old Fiat vehicles
Of course, there will be issues as well, but surprisingly, the average used Fiat doesn’t have that many. The following are the ones that are most commonly mentioned:
- If the mileage is large, its electric work will become less than trustworthy.
- It may be necessary to make some replacements, and it can be difficult to locate original spare components. On the plus side, it’s usually possible to substitute auto parts made by different companies.
- Too many motorists complain about harsh suspension, which has affected both new and used automobiles.
- You may find yourself with quiet blocks and shock absorbers that are prone to easily failing if the previous owner of the vehicle wasn’t a diligent driver.
Fiat is still a very pleasant automobile with strong technological qualities, especially in a used form, despite all its not overly many flaws and probable issues. Its small form and ample interior space make it the perfect vehicle for a family who lives in a city.
Therefore, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that this Italian company maintains top spots on Warranty Direct’s Reliability Index.